What You'll Learn
Our approach to preparing women for careers in technology comprises 3 parts:
- Overview of the technology landscape (contextual knowledge building) - Learn Internet and web basics, along with trends and issues affecting the marketplace.
- Exposure to peers & industry professionals (network building) - Learn with peers while you connecting with industry professionals who volunteer as guest lecturers, speakers, and mentors, many of whom are moms themselves! This exposure enables you to gain a better sense of your career opportunities and potential challenges.
We've partnered with Degreed to create a customized learning pathway to help you advance toward a new career in technology -- a curriculum you'll have access to forever.
You are eligible for the program if you meet the following qualifications:
- You identify as woman in a way that's significant to you. (Everyone who is trans, cis, or queer, and those who were assigned female gender at birth but do not identify with the gender binary, are encouraged to apply.)
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- You are currently caring for at least 1 child who is 17 years old or younger in your household.
Saturday Classes - Classes take place every Saturday for 8 weeks from 10:00am-4:00pm. (Kid drop off begins at 9:30am) There will be a break between weeks 4 and 5, plus a class field trip to a local company to meet with a tech team, which will take place on a Friday.
Weekday Classes - Classes take place every Monday and Wednesday for 4 weeks from 10am-1pm. (Kid drop off begins at 9:30am) There will be a class field trip to a local company to meet with a tech team, which will take place on a Friday.
We realize how difficult it can be to find affordable, dependable, and high-quality childcare. That's why MotherCoders is committed to providing it on-site so our students can learn without worry. However, certain conditions do dictate which age groups we are able to accommodate at each site. (For example, some facilities can only accommodate kids between 3-36 months, some are set up for K-8, while others can serve youth age 14 and up.) Because child safety is of the highest concern to us, MotherCoders won't offer on-site childcare unless we can provide the same level of care that we'd give to our own kids.
With on-site childcare: $3,000. Without on-site childcare: $2,500. (Lunch will be provided at each class session.)
*The per student cost for delivering our program is currently $6,200. We depend on the generosity of a community of donors to help us meet our funding gap.
YES, we are currently recruiting students for our 2016 sessions! You can find details here.
What Keeps Us Up at Night
Gender inequality. solving problems with tech.
Computer technology has revolutionized the way we interact with each other and our world. As more and more businesses and organizations across industries are transformed by its adoption, digital literacy becomes ever more essential to thriving in the new economy.
Yet it's no secret that women continue to be woefully underrepresented in computing-related occupations in the U.S. (depressing stats here), and with a meager pipeline to boot in spite of market demand.
But so many women with kids want in on the tech game; they just need to level up their technical skills, and we're here to help.
Just imagine what would happen in our marketplace if we had more moms with digital literacy actively contributing to the design and development of new products and services.
Now imagine what would happen to our communities if more moms gained greater access to good paying jobs with growth potential.
And to make your head explode, now imagine what would happen to our children if they saw their moms engaging with technology in a way that led to economic opportunity and innovation.
Now let's get to work on reducing gender inequality, solving problems withe tech, and inspiring our kids to do the same.
Connect With Us
Got questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MotherCoders is a 501(c)(3) corporation. (EIN: 46-4127911) Copyright 2015, MotherCoders. All rights reserved.