MotherCoders is like a tech camp for moms!
MotherCoders helps women get on a career development track toward a technical role that leverages their unique skills, experiences, and passions.
Whether it’s earning a degree or certificate, diving deeper into a specific programming language, acquiring a particular skill-set to move into a certain role, or starting a new business, our technology orientation program enables our students to gain enough skills, knowledge, and community support to confidently take the next step toward a new career in technology.
What You'll Learn
Our approach to preparing women for careers in technology comprises 3 parts:
- Overview of the technology landscape (contextual knowledge building) - Learn Internet and web basics, along with trends and issues affecting the marketplace.
- Exposure to peers & industry professionals (network building) - Learn with peers while you connecting with industry professionals who volunteer as guest lecturers, speakers, and mentors, many of whom are moms themselves! This exposure enables you to gain a better sense of your career opportunities and potential challenges.
We've partnered with Degreed to create a customized learning pathway to help you advance toward a new career in technology -- a curriculum you'll have access to forever.
You are eligible for the program if you meet the following qualifications:
- You identify as woman in a way that's significant to you. (Everyone who is trans, cis, or queer, and those who were assigned female gender at birth but do not identify with the gender binary, are encouraged to apply.)
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- You are currently caring for at least 1 child who is 17 years old or younger in your household.
Saturday Classes - Classes take place every Saturday for 8 weeks from 10:00am-4:00pm. (Kid drop off begins at 9:30am) There will be a break between weeks 4 and 5, plus a class field trip to a local company to meet with a tech team, which will take place on a Friday.
Weekday Classes - Classes take place every Monday and Wednesday for 4 weeks from 10am-1pm. (Kid drop off begins at 9:30am) There will be a class field trip to a local company to meet with a tech team, which will take place on a Friday.
We realize how difficult it can be to find affordable, dependable, and high-quality childcare. That's why MotherCoders is committed to providing it on-site so our students can learn without worry. However, certain conditions do dictate which age groups we are able to accommodate at each site. (For example, some facilities can only accommodate kids between 3-36 months, some are set up for K-8, while others can serve youth age 14 and up.) Because child safety is of the highest concern to us, MotherCoders won't offer on-site childcare unless we can provide the same level of care that we'd give to our own kids.
With on-site childcare: $3,000. Without on-site childcare: $2,500. (Lunch will be provided at each class session.)
*The per student cost for delivering our program is currently $6,200. We depend on the generosity of a community of donors to help us meet our funding gap.
YES, we are currently recruiting students for our 2016 sessions! You can find details here.
Connect With Us
Got questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MotherCoders is a 501(c)(3) corporation. (EIN: 46-4127911) Copyright 2015, MotherCoders. All rights reserved.