We work hard to update our curriculum after each class session to meet the changing learning needs expressed by program applicants, and address topical issues relevant to the fast-changing tech industry. Below is what we have taught in our Fall 2016 classes.
Introduction to the New Economy
- How we got here and why it matters
- A brief history of the Internet and the World Wide Web
- Business Models in the New Economy
- Living in the digital age: Challenges & Opportunities
Learning Goal: Gain an understanding of the ways in which the Internet Revolution has changed society economically and socially.
Introduction to Web Development
- Web Development 101 (languages, frameworks, development methodologies, and team roles)
- Setting Up Your Development Environment
- Implementing Version Control (Git, Github)
Intro to Design
- User Experience (UX) vs User Interaction (UI)
- Web Design principles
- How to design user personas
- Human Centered Design
- Design Thinking
Learning Goal: Gain an understanding of the role of design, the design process, and how design drives the creation of new products and services.
Life in the Age of Big Data
- Big Data & Machine Learning
- Privacy & Security in a Digital Age
Learning Goal: Learn how Big Data and Machine Learning are driving the tech industry its effect on privacy and security.
- How to Curating Your Online Profile
- How to Create a New LinkedIn profile
- Do's and Don't's of creating a professional online presence
- Bootcamp Panel
- Personal website review and demo
Learning Goal: Create a plan of action that prepares you to advance toward the next phase of your journey toward a new career in tech, discover how online or in-person bootcamps can help you gain advanced skills needed to transition into a technical role, and gather peer feedback for enhancing your personal website.
- Meet a Tech Team
- Meet women founders
Learning Goal: Discover new career pathways in tech, learn how it's like to work on a tech team, hear directly from women founders about the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship.
Connect with us!
Got questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
MotherCoders is a 501(c)(3) corporation. (EIN: 46-4127911) Copyright 2015, MotherCoders. All rights reserved.